Thursday, December 29, 2011

Let's talk sneakers and jeans, boys... NAY

So I have been getting a lot of flak recently for not acknowledging the dudes out there (you know who you are).  Poor boys not being recognized enough. But seriously, quite the oversight on my end... We all know how much help this gender needs in the fashion department... eh? eh? eh?  Anyway, I thought I'd kick off this bi-gender (I don't mean transgender) blog with a big 'ol NAY.

So... How 'bout those really practical, comfortable, and safe sneakers you have for various activities such as running, hiking, and maybe bocce (if that is more "your speed")... You know which ones I'm talkin' about. Yeah, don't wear them unless you're participating in one of those aforementioned activities. New Balance sneakers with jeans as part of your every day look will never be cool.  Asics are only appropriate on the track, man.

I don't want to confuse any of you readers and say that some sneakers are acceptable to wear with jeans, but I'm going to.  If you have an awesome pair of Dunks or something else that's super cool... Be my guest. Check yourself by asking your sneaks if they would any way assist you in performing some grueling physical activity (keep your mind out of the gutter).  If they answer you with a yes... Leave them at home.

There are so many bo$$ alternatives out there now for dudes to wear! Do it. 
Asics, jeans: Levis, top left, top right, bottom left, bottom right

No comments:

Post a Comment