Saturday, December 03, 2011

C-C-C-Cut Outs... YAY

Okay, so I know I'm a little late to jump on the cut out bandwagon. Sue me. Better late than never.

I used to resent cut outs because I saw far too many females exploiting the style. (Picture teensy dresses with far too many or too large holes. We're on the same page now, I can tell). With roots traceable all the way to queen bee Regina George (see here), it is safe to say this trend has come a looong way.  Now, I have come around to swiss cheese clothes because I realized that when done tastefully, a perfectly placed hole or two or three can make an otherwise pedestrian item of clothing, special.  Moreover, a cut out here and there can be sexy without being in your face.

Tired of your plain tanks, sweaters, and ts? For your next purchase, find a tank with an interesting back or a sweater with cut outs on the sleeves.  There are plenty of swiss cheese styles out now that are acceptable for every day wear.  These hole-y items will instantly vamp up your entire outfit without being too fussy or over the top!

Try using cut outs to make a more conservative ensemble look more seductive.  A long sleeve dress is perfect for cut outs... Your arms are covered so a few cut outs on the sides or back wont make you look like a hooker.  Also look for long sleeves or button downs with an open back; so hot but not overtly slooty.

It goes without saying (I guess it doesn't actually if I'm saying it) to make sure the holes in whatever you are wearing provide others with a peep of something... nice.  Avoid holes that are located on problem areas.  Arms and upper backs are perfect for showing off!  Also a note worth sharing: for an item of clothing with holes in the back, unless you are wearing a pretty lacy bra... WEAR A BANDEAU. Experiment with different colors and fabrics! No one wants to see your granny bra.

button down: urbanoutfitters, longsleeve: torn by ronny kobo via shopbop, tank: urbanoutfitters
longsleeve: cut25 via shopbop, cami: ASOS, dress: naven via singer22 
Peep my friend and I last night in our cut outs! (Completely accidental... Great minds think alike, right?) Sorry I'm not sorry the pictures look bootleg.


No comments:

Post a Comment